Since the first version of BlindSquare has been released in May 2012, I have published 20 updates in only 20 months, relying on your valuable feedback along the way. I have a list of new features and changes I plan to implement into BlindSquare eventually. I would like to invite your feedback on what you find most important. Please have a look at the list and select the feature on the list you think should have top priority. Note, however, that I cannot promise I will be able to implement the feature first that receives the most votes, as some of the features may rely on third-party services that are not yet available to me. However, I will prioritize the feature requested by most of you and implement it as soon as all of the necessary services are available.
Voting is open until 1st of March, 2014.
After voting closes, I will comment on how and when I may be able to integrate your most requested feature into BlindSquare.
Thank you for your participation.
Explanation of the features you can vote for:
- Off-line use – will enable users to download map data of an area so it may later be used where no internet connection is available.
- Route recording – will enable users to save routes in BlindSquare, so they can use BlindSquare to guide them along the saved route.
- Sharing POI information – will initially enable users to export and share POI information with other users of BlindSquare and may later on support sharing of POI information with users of some other GPS apps designed for blind and visually impaired users.
- Adding places to Foursquare – This feature will let users add POI information to Foursquare using BlindSquare instead of the native Foursquare app.
Voting for BlindSquare features (voting closed)
- Off-line use (48%, 59 Votes)
- Route recording (24%, 30 Votes)
- Adding places to Foursquare (24%, 29 Votes)
- Sharing POI information (4%, 5 Votes)
Total Voters: 123