BlindSquare is the world’s most widely used accessible GPS-app developed for the blind, deafblind and partially sighted. Paired with third-party navigation apps, BlindSquare’s self-voicing app delivers detailed points of interest and intersections for safe, reliable travel both outside and inside. Open the doors to enhanced independence with BlindSquare.
How does it work?
- After determining your location, BlindSquare gathers information about your surroundings on Foursquare and OpenStreetMap.
- Algorithms determine what information is most useful to you such as popular cafes, post offices or libraries.
- Shake your device to hear your current address and details about the nearest intersection and venues around you.
- BlindSquare will track your destination and periodically announce the distance and direction you’re headed.
- Mark your position if you’d like help finding your way back later.
- Filters can be applied to provide only the information you’re looking for so you’re not overwhelmed by details on your surroundings.
- Mark your saved places and Foursquare venues as Favorites and BlinSquire will always notify you once you reach them.
- Favourites will be saved in iCloud and synced to all iOS devices for device consistency.
- BlindSquare uses Acapela voices in many different languages to announce information about your environment even when your device is tucked away for a hands-free experience.
- If you enjoy using Foursquare independently, authorize BlindSquare too access your account so you can check into your favorite venues by simply shaking your device.
- Share your check-ins on Facebook, Twitter, or keep them private if you wish.
- Currently available in the following languages:
- Korean (South Korea)
Still have questions? Please read our frequently asked questions here!